If you have any concerns regarding Safeguarding any child, you can contact the following Local Authority Multi Agency teams:
Nottinghamshire County Council contact details:
- Child and Family Services Notts County Council: 01158041248 (email@example.com)
- The Nottinghamshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) can be contacted on 03005008090 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children’s Partnership: email: email@example.com address: Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership, County Hall, West Bridgford Nottingham, NG2 7QP
- Hazel McKibbin, Service Manager, Safeguarding Children (Strategic) and LADO, telephone: 0115 9773921
- Eva Callaghan – Schools, FE Colleges and Early Years Referrals (including nurseries and childminders), telephone: 0115 8041272.
Nottingham City Council contact details:
- Nottingham City Children and Families Direct can be contacted on 0115 876 4800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LADO (Local Authority Designated officer) Tina Wright: 0115 8765501 Tina.email@example.com
Derbyshire County Council contact details:
- Child and Family Services Derbyshire: 0162953319
- Allegations against Staff, Volunteers & Carers http://www.derbyshirescb.org.uk/professionals
The LADO procedures should be followed by all organisations providing services for children and staff, carers or volunteers who work with or care for children. Common sense and judgement should be applied when dealing with allegations. Every Local Authority has a statutory responsibility to have a Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) who is responsible for coordinating the response to concerns that an adult who works with children may have caused them harm.
The LADO’s key role is to:
- Provide advice/guidance to employers or voluntary organisations.
- Liaise with the police and other agencies including OFSTED, Care Quality Commission (CQC) and other professional bodies.
- Monitor the progress of referrals to ensure they are dealt with as quickly and consistently as possible with a thorough and fair process
- Seek to resolve any inter-agency issues.
- Collect strategic data and maintain a confidential database in relation to allegations which is held securely.
- Disseminate learning from LADO enquiries throughout the children’s workforce.
Decisions regarding any internal action about an employee are usually made in conjunction with the employers HR department, and are not determined by the LADO.
In an emergency call 999 and to report a crime call 101.