Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, all at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust (OLoL CMAT) ensure the approach is child-centred. This means that OLoL CMAT consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child. Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust recognise that no single practitioner can have a full picture of a child’s needs and circumstances. If children and families are to receive the right help at the right time, everyone who comes into contact with them has a role to play in identifying concerns, sharing information and taking prompt action.
The purpose of safeguarding children is to:
- Protect them from abuse, maltreatment and exploitation.
- Prevent anything from harming their health or development.
- Ensure they can grow up under safe and effective care.
- Take action to ensure they have the best outcomes in life. (Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019)
As part of our Safeguarding offer, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust have a team of people who lead on safeguarding our pupils, they are our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs). (School Name) DSLs are also the people who will support with any concerns raised around children’s health, wellbeing and safety, as described above. If you have a concern regarding the wellbeing, health, development, relationships or safety of a child, please use the contact details below:
- Safeguarding hotline number for OLoL: 01158550557 – this will be diverted to our safeguarding team between 9am and 3pm weekdays, and will send voicemail to the safeguarding team outside of these times.
- Moira Dales (Trust Safeguarding Lead): email@example.com Tel: 07852133114.
In an emergency call 999 and to report a crime call 101.