As a Catholic Primary School our mission is to provide a living and worshipping community enabling both parents and children to enter into the full life of the Church, to supply the needs of the whole child, body and soul, temporal and spiritual.
The fundamental aim of St Edmund Campion Catholic Primary Academy is to enable each child to develop an awareness of his/her dignity and uniqueness as a human being, created in God’s image, out of love, and for love, and to look upon others in the same light.
This is achieved by:
- Striving to develop the faith of each individual in the school community.
- Making prayer, worship, sacramental preparation and the liturgy valued experiences.
- Developing real links with home and parish.
- Developing an awareness of the wider community.
- Creating good relationships with those children and adults involved in the school.
- Ensuring that the curriculum is appropriate to the needs of the children and is based on attitudes and values found within the Gospels.
- These fundamental aims should be so integrated into the learning process that their subtle presence will form the very atmosphere of the school.