Welcome to St Mary’s.
We are a Catholic community of learners striving to achieve excellence in everything that we do. St. Mary’s is a place where people matter and we are very proud of the tradition the school has for taking care of and supporting children as they learn and develop. Ensuring that every child learns to the best of his or her ability is at the core of what we do. We take a holistic view of education and seek to develop children academically, physically, spiritually, culturally, personally and emotionally.
At St Mary’s we aim to develop a caring community where children and adults live in harmony. Our mission statement promotes learning as a lifelong process and it directs everything the school attempts to do. We want the children in our care:
“To walk hand in hand with God, loving him, loving each other and loving ourselves, doing our best with the gifts he gave us to make the world a richer place.”
The School Ethos is marked by:
- High expectations of our staff, children and families to be the best they can.
- Equal opportunities, where all individuals connected with the school will be granted dignity and respect because we believe people are our most important asset.
- Everybody working together, striving for excellence.
- A happy environment where every child matters and feels safe and secure.
- Change and innovation, always willing to try new ideas as “discovery and research are an exploration into the mind of God.”