We feel that it is important to support our pupils to know how they can be safe and protected, and to empower them to recognise situations which are unsuitable for them. As well as skills which are taught within the specific curriculum of Religious Education, PSHE & RSE, please find below contact details for a variety of organisations who support young people and their families if they have any safeguarding, mental health or welfare needs.
- Child line 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk; Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. You can talk about anything. Whether it’s something big or small, trained counsellors are on hand to support you.
- ChatHealth – 07507 329952: this is a confidential texting service for 11 to 19 year olds in Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Kooth – www.kooth.com: Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- Health4teens – www.healthforteens.co.uk– this is an NHS site supporting young people around emotional wellbeing.
- Health4kids – www.healthforkids.co.uk: this is an NHS site supporting young children and parents.
- Notts Help Yourself – www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk– this is a site for advice, information and local services available; there is a section for older teens around feelings and sexual health.
- Young Minds – www.youngminds.org.uk: this organisation support young people to have the best Mental Health
- Jigsaw – https://www.changegrowlive.org/jigsaw-young-person-family-service-nottingham/info: Support people up to the age of 18 with their drug and alcohol use. The service is free and confidential.