We are committed to identifying, training and developing outstanding teachers of the future and passionate about supporting them through their training and beyond.
We are delighted that you are considering training with our Partnership and we would really like you to apply to join us. Providing a high level of care and support for our trainees is part of our ethos. Our places are open to all applicants who share our values and are passionate about supporting the learning of our students.
We offer two main routes:
- School Direct non-salaried tuition route with Nottingham Trent University, University of Leicester, University of Derby and Bishop’s Grosseteste Lincoln leading to PGCE with QTS (options to follow Maths specialist route, Primary General or Primary Early Years)
- Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship with Nottingham Trent University ( for applicants with minimum 3 years of work experience) – employment based route leading to QTS- Qualified Teacher Status, and PGCE
Why train with The Nottingham Catholic Initial Teacher Training Partnership?
Our partnership is founded on the principle of collaboration and an absolute belief that by working together we can improve outcomes for all students in all of our schools.
We have a long record of partnership with our Higher Education partners in helping to train teachers. School Direct and Teaching Apprenticeships give us the chance to select and train our own outstanding teachers of the future. If you choose to train with us you can expect:
- successful trainees will obtain a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) by the end of the programme
- a programme that gives you four days a week in school and one day a week at University
- the chance to observe and work with outstanding teachers
- outstanding mentoring from an experienced and trained mentor
- a bespoke programme of support sessions
- a comprehensive induction programme
- a second school placement in a contrasting school
We are working in partnership with Nottingham Trent University, University of Leicester, University of Derby and Bishop’s Grosseteste Lincoln.
All School Direct trainees who successfully complete the School Direct course with us will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status and will gain a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education).
Our university partners have a long history of Initial Teacher Education and we have worked together closely to develop a high quality programme based on experience, excellent Quality Assurance and a commitment to a high level of support for trainees.
Our schools are built on our ethos of love and trust and underpinned by extremely high expectations for all. Our strength as a partnership is the diversity of our students and our community. We are committed to this being even further reflected in our workforce across our Trust schools.
If you’re thinking of a career in teaching, have a look at the videos below to hear from some people who have already made the decision: