Maths & Physics Paid Internships Programme – 2022
Earn £900 in 2022 with our paid programme.
Here’s how to apply:
Programme Dates: Monday 13 June to Friday 8 July 2022
Maths and Physics Paid Internships
We are delighted to offer Mathematics and Physics undergraduates the opportunity to earn £900 in June/July 2022 on the Department for Education Internship scheme to learn about teaching Maths and Physics at secondary school level.
Email: Vanessa Scott
Tel: 0115 9824280
Current Mathematics, Physics, ICT & Engineering undergraduates can undertake a three week paid internship at one of our Alliance schools this summer.
If you are considering becoming a Maths or Physics teacher and would like to find out why it is such a fantastic career and receive a salary for three weeks before your summer break – apply now!
Alliance schools offering intern placements are:
- St Peter & St Paul’s, Lincoln
- All Saints’ Academy, Mansfield
- The Becket School, Nottingham
- Christ the King School, Nottingham
- The Trinity School, Nottingham
- St Bede’s, Scunthorpe
The benefits of an internship
Develop key skills that employers look for
You’ll get real experience of life in the classroom, and a chance to teach your own lesson. That means you’ll gain skills such as presenting, communication and sharing feedback, which are highly sought after by graduate employers.
Spend time in a classroom observing outstanding teachers
You will spend three weeks in school observing teachers, have the opportunity to see effective leadership in action, and consider how to develop your own leadership style.
Try out teaching to see if it’s for you
If you want to try some teaching, you will get the opportunity to put into practice all the skills you’ve learned and observed during the experience.
Secure a place on our Teacher Training Programme
At the end of the three weeks, if you would like to, you’ll have the opportunity to put everything you’ve learned into practice and attend an ITT assessment. Successful candidates will be put forward for an ITT place.
The Becket School, Trinity School and Christ the King have a proven track record of delivering the Paid Internship Programme and provides a supportive and informative training experience for all successful applicants.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain experience of working in an outstanding teaching environment, whilst being paid. You will:
- Develop your subject knowledge and begin to explore how to teach your subject.
- Observe and support outstanding teachers.
- Be encouraged to start a reflective log which will support your application for initial Teacher Training (ITT) should you wish to apply.
- Jointly plan and deliver lessons, and work with the Science and Maths team to develop new schemes of learning in line with new curriculum developments.
- You will also be supported after the internship, in considering whether a career as a teacher is for you. If you decide it is, we will support you to prepare and make your teacher training application.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to apply, please email an up-to-date copy of your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in taking part in the programme to Vanessa Scott.
A member of our team will be in touch to discuss the application process and next steps.