School: The Good Shepherd Primary Catholic Academy
Contract type: Full time (part time will also be considered)
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 19 May 2021 (9.00 am)
Interview date: 26 May 2021
Job starts: 31 August 2021
Required for August 2021, an enthusiastic and highly motivated classroom practitioner with the ability to motivate and challenge pupils.
At The Good Shepherd we work very hard to encourage our children to feel secure, happy and enthusiastic about themselves and their learning. We strive to help them develop as individuals, as independent learners and to achieve their full potential and beyond within an exciting, caring and supportive Catholic environment. We are a very inclusive school and aim to provide the very best Catholic education for all our children.
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, a family of 21 academies within the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham. Your employer will be Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
- possess QTS
- be able to inspire and enthuse pupils
- be caring, supportive and have a willingness to share and deliver the school’s Mission
- be committed to achieving excellent results for all pupils
- be able successfully to implement strategies for raising achievement and ensuring effective teaching and learning
- possess the ability to motivate and inspire confidence
- work well within a team and with parents and carers as well as pupils
- have good communication skills
We can offer:
- wonderful pupils who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented, highly committed and supportive teachers and teaching assistants
- an opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated team, with strong leadership and a clear vision for the school and its pupils
- an exciting, happy and well organised working environment with excellent facilities situated in the heart of Woodthorpe in Nottinghamshire
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
We are a welcoming and inclusive school and are happy to accept applications from teachers of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
The Trust and The Good Shepherd Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to email@example.com
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn