School: St Joseph’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Langwith Junction
Salary: L8 – L12
Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: 32.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 28 February 2020
Start date: 1 September 2020
The Directors of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a committed, Deputy Headteacher to this Outstanding Catholic Primary School from September 2020.
This permanent, full-time post will also offer the exciting opportunity to take on the role of Head of School on a temporary basis for the period of one year from September 2020.
We can offer:
- A highly successful school, which was rated as Outstanding (Ofsted 2017, Diocesan Canonical Inspection 2017)
- A strong Catholic ethos where every member of the school community is valued
- Highly motivated, friendly and well-behaved children
- Friendly, hardworking, and committed staff
- The opportunity to be innovative in supporting whole school development
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development through the school’s designation as National Support School
- A highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body and MAT Leadership Team
Our Deputy will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and clear vision for Catholic education
- Have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire our children on their faith journey.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner and have a clear commitment to raising standards through leadership and support for other staff.
- Work in close partnership with the Executive Head Teacher to further the shared vision of the school
- Have a passion to ensure that every child succeeds and is treated as an individual
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information. A copy of this document is included as part of the application pack.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the Executive Headteacher, Mrs. Deborah Tibble, at the school on 01623 742609.
Closing Date: Friday 28th February 2020 (9.00 am)
Completed application forms to be sent to email@example.com
The Trust and St Joseph’s School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.