School: The Good Shepherd Catholic Primary Academy
Salary: L11 – L15 (£54,091 – £59,581)
Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: Full-time
Closing date: Wednesday 19 May 2021
Interviews: Thursday 27 May 2021
Start date: 31 August 2021
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher to The Good Shepherd Catholic primary School from 31 August 2021. The Good Shepherd is a successful, vibrant and popular two form entry primary school and we are excited to be opening a new Nursery in September 2021.
We can offer:
- A highly successful school, (Ofsted ‘Good’ 2018, Diocesan Canonical Inspection ‘Outstanding’ 2015)
- A strong Catholic ethos where every member of the school community is valued
- Highly motivated, friendly and well-behaved children
- Friendly, hardworking, and committed staff
- The opportunity to be innovative in supporting whole school development
- the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance giving you access to first class CPD opportunities and the opportunity to be able to lead CPD for the TSA
- A highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body and MAT Leadership Team
Our Deputy will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and clear vision for Catholic education
- Have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire our children on their faith journey
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner and have a clear commitment to raising standards through leadership and support for other staff
- Work in close partnership with the Headteacher to further the shared vision of the school
- Have a passion to ensure that every child succeeds and is treated as an individual
- Take a lead on developing the quality of education in school by supporting subject leads to ensure delivery of a progressive and cohesive knowledge rich curriculum that is ambitious for all our children.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information. A copy of this document is included as part of the application pack.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the incoming Headteacher (commences in role August 2021), Mrs Celine Toner on 0115 9150 500 or email email@example.com
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office on: 0115 926 2983 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust and The Good Shepherd are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicant.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
How to Apply:
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 19 May 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn