School: Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: MPS/ UPS plus TLR 2b (currently £ 4,794pa)
Start date: 31 August 2021
Closing date: 17 May 2021
Interviews: week commencing 17 May 2021
Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Head of Technology for the start of the Autumn term.
Our Head of Technology will be an inspirational leader and outstanding practitioner. You will be instrumental in the effective day to day operational management of the Learning Area and will strive for excellence in both teaching and learning and the prevailing knowledge-based curriculum.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to work as a key member of a highly committed and mutually supportive team of professionals who are extremely devoted to all students at Christ the King.
This is a particularly important middle leader role and, as such, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a proven track record of delivering excellent academic outcomes. The successful candidate will enjoy a challenge and be able to instil a passion for Technology in students at all Key Stages. An ability to raise standards at all levels is of paramount importance which is why the Head of Department role is considered to be the lead practitioner in their respective team.
The successful candidate will be supported by a very strong Senior Leadership Team and Middle Leadership Team whose sense of unrelenting commitment to all children is evident and tangible. We firmly believe that every child must be offered the very best opportunities and exposed to the beauty and integrity of strong Catholic Education.
We are a well-equipped, purpose built Catholic Secondary School situated in a pleasant suburban area to the North-East of Nottingham. We strive to ensure that each young person is safe, happy, and successful and we pride ourselves on providing an excellent educational experience.
The Technology department is committed to providing students with an engaging and exciting learning experience. The successful candidate will be forward thinking, committed to developing students’ confidence and want to work within a team that inspires and encourages students.
The successful candidate will:
- possess QTS
- be able to inspire and enthuse students
- be committed to achieving excellent results
- be able to teach Technology up to and including A level.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed teachers
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact HR at CTK or email: email@example.com
The Trust and Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
How to apply:
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 17 May 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn