St Augustine’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School
Leadership 17-23; NOR 360
Join us and help us to shape the future of Catholic education in Nottingham
The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a new Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Primary School from Easter 2019 or September 2019. St Augustine’s is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Nottinghamshire.
The school is a 1.5 form entry and is a vibrant school where the life of Jesus is central to everything the school undertakes. Pupils make progress above the national average in all areas.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic Life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
- ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
- have a proven track record of successful leadership, management and school improvement
- have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
- be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
- be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, students, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the Catholic Multi-Academy Trust and a wide variety of external partners
- constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, Governors and the Senior Leadership Team to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
- be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
- have the ability to drive themselves and others
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- place safeguarding at the heart of the school
- In return we can offer you:
- enthusiastic and ambitious pupils who are keen to learn
- a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
- a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its pupils
- the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School You would benefit from first class CPD opportunities and be able to lead CPD for the TSA
- an excellent, bespoke induction programme
- first-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a new forward thinking Catholic Multi-Academy Trust and its associated Teaching School Alliance
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
To arrange a meeting with the CEO and a visit to the school please contact Mrs Karen Rich, PA to James McGeachie (CEO designate), at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 9am on Monday 25 February 2019
Interview date: Monday 11 March 2019
All our teaching vacancies are now advertised on the DfE Teaching Vacancies website. Please visit https://teaching-vacancies.service.gov.uk for details.
The Trust and St Augustine’s School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.