School: St Francis of Assisi Hub – The Becket Secondary School, and its feeder primaries – Blessed Robert Widmerpool in Clifton, English Martyrs’ in Long Eaton, Our Lady and St Edward’s in St Ann’s, St Edmund Campion in West Bridgford and St Patrick’s in Wilford.
Contract Type: full time
Contract Term: permanent
Salary: Band 4 – starting salary £21,748
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 9.00am, 10 May 2021
Interview date: 14 May 2021
The Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a permanent, full time Lay Chaplain to work within the St Francis of Assisi Hub:
The Becket Secondary School, and its feeder primaries – Blessed Robert Widmerpool in Clifton, English Martyrs’ in Long Eaton, Our Lady and St Edward’s in St Ann’s, St Edmund Campion in West Bridgford and St Patrick’s in Wilford.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic faith leader with a passion for working with children and young people and in helping them to explore and engage with their faith.
The successful applicant will work with the current Hub Lay Chaplain supporting the Catholic Life and Collective Worship of each of the school communities. He or she will report directly to the Headteachers of each of the schools and will work with and be supported by the Lead Lay Chaplain of the OLoL CMAT in fulfilling the Trust’s vision for lay chaplaincy provision.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising a Catholic with a strong faith commitment. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practicing Catholic’ for further information, this is available from the OLoL CMAT HR Team. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed staff
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as lead schools in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
For an informal discussion about the role and our schools please contact Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust directly. Lead Lay Chaplain, Marsha Kemple, email@example.com
The Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9.00am, 10 May 2021
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn