Employer: St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Post Title: Lead Lay Chaplain
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Grade/SCP: SRS Band S1 NJC SCP 30 – 34 (£33,782 – £37,890)
Hours: 37 hours per week (Full time, all year round).
Location: Remote working or St Katherine’s House (Trust Central Offices close to Derby city centre)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust seeks to appoint a Lead Lay Chaplain who, through their work and witness, will contribute to the spiritual and pastoral care of all members of the CMAT community. They will have a central role in implementing the CMAT’s vision statement and will work with Diocesan, Trust and Academy leaders, in leading and developing Catholic Life of the 25 academies in the CMAT.
To be successful you will:
- Be a practising Catholic,
- Be educated to Degree level,
- Have a proven track record of successful leadership of the spiritual, religious, and liturgical life of a trust, school and/or parish community,
- Have evidence of building positive relationships with headteachers, governors, parents, local parishes and with other individuals and agencies,
- Be able manage, motivate and develop individuals and teams to achieve high standards of
In return, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to be part of highly supportive and ambitious central services teams and
Trust, united by our collective vision to excel,
- access to first class CPD opportunities,
- access to the Local Government Pension scheme, with employer contributions of over 20%
- generous holiday allowance.
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme,
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’
About our Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the
Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first-class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
How to apply
For more information about this role, and to apply, please visit www.srscmat.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date: Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 9.00am.
Interview Date: W/C 10th May 2021
If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding the role with Sean McClafferty, Chief Executive Officer, please email Jackie Bell, PA to the Executive Team (email@example.com) to arrange this.
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is an equal opportunity employer and
positively encourage applications from as diverse a group as possible. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and the appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks