Job Title: Teaching Assistant (Level 1)
School: St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
Salary: OLOL Band 2 – actual starting salary £13,999 pa
Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: 32.5 hours per week (8.30am to 3.30pm)
Closing date: Tuesday 22 June May 2021 (9.00 am)
Interview date: 25 June 2021
Start date: to be confirmed
St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School in Nottingham are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. This post is to work in this successful primary school, supporting the attainment and progress of children within the classroom and in small group interventions.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
- able to manage the academic demands of the whole primary curriculum, working with children across the whole ability range.
- well organised, with high expectations of pupil attainment and progress.
- flexible and enthusiastic.
- able to show initiative.
- able to work collaboratively with all members of the school community – in particular the class teachers.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed teachers
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school directly.
The Trust and St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 22 June 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies