School: Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
Contract: Temporary for 1 year
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only
Pay Scale: OLOL Band 3, actual starting salary £14,856 per annum
Closing date: Monday 21 June 2021, 9.00am
Starting date: 31 August 2021
Interview date: to be confirmed
Christ the King is a welcoming and successful 11-18 academy providing a Catholic education in Arnold, Nottingham. We strive to ensure that each young person is safe, happy, and successful and we pride ourselves on providing an excellent educational experience for all students which is underpinned by our mission which is:
‘To provide the best education and care we can for all members of our Living Faith Community’.
We promote the highest possible standards in pastoral care, self-belief and behaviour. There are clear guidelines for what is expected of each individual and how everyone can make a positive contribution to both our school community and to the wider community.
We are seeking a ‘champion’ who will work with a range of pupils, many of whom will be from disadvantaged backgrounds and will give priority to those who need the most help. The variety of issues covered will be vast, ranging from punctuality, absence, bullying, challenging behaviour, abuse and low esteem.
You will provide a range of support services designed to enhance existing provisions, support learning, increase participation and encourage social inclusion.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent which ideally includes English and Maths. Higher level academic qualifications will be considered an advantage. Applicants must ideally have prior experience of working with young people, have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate an ability to support students both in a pastoral and academic capacity.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed staff
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Multi Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Completed application forms to be emailed to email@example.com
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT