School: The Becket School
Location: West Bridgford, Nottingham
Salary: MPS – UPS plus TLR 2c (currently £6,696 pa)
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021 (9.00 am)
Start date: 31 August 2021
The Becket School are looking to appoint an experienced teacher to the role of SENCo. You will promote and develop the SEN Policy in school ensuring that all staff are aware of and fulfil their statutory responsibilities to pupils with special educational needs.
Located in the well-regarded area of West Bridgford, Nottingham, we are a large secondary school with a successful Sixth Form. We were judged ‘outstanding’ in our latest Diocesan Canonical inspection and we are currently rated ‘good’ by Ofsted. The school is a relatively new building and has benefitted from a high level of investment in recent years.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold, be working towards/prepared to undertake the National Award for SENCO Qualification
- Be a strong leader, who is passionate and committed to providing the highest standards of provision for SEND pupils with a wide breadth of needs.
- Be an excellent practitioner with high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, with all members of the school and wider community, including parents and outside agencies
- Have excellent classroom management skills and be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting
- Be dedicated to their own professional development
- Be willing to be involved in the corporate life of the school, supporting the informal as well as the formal curriculum
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed teachers
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school directly.
The Trust and The Becket School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
How to apply:
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 10 May 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn