Teacher of MFL
Employer: The Becket School
Contract type: 0.6 FTE
Contract term: Fixed term to 1 April 2022
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021 (9:00am)
Job starts: September 2021
Are you a dynamic Teacher of French and German?
The Becket School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of MFL to join our outstanding MFL department. Applicants should be able to teach French and German to a minimum of KS4.
The MFL department is committed to providing students with an engaging and knowledge-rich learning experience; therefore, the successful candidate will be forward thinking, committed to developing confidence in students and want to work within a team that inspires and encourages students to develop a love of languages outside their own.
The successful candidate would also be expected to contribute to and work within the Catholic ethos of our school.
Located in West Bridgford, on the outskirts of Nottingham, The Becket School has a real sense of community that you can see and sense as you walk around the school. Each child is important to us and our expectation is that all our students will develop and grow as young people as they make their journey as part of our community.
The Becket School is a heavily over-subscribed and highly successful Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust with a sixth form of over 250 students.
As a Catholic school, we recognise the uniqueness and worth of each individual and that each of us has a valuable role to play in The Becket. Students, staff, families, governors – all work together seeking the very best and giving their best.
- Possess QTS.
- Be a committed and motivated classroom teacher with a proven track record of achieving excellent results.
- Be able to inspire and enthuse students.
- Be committed to achieving excellent results.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Multi Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and The Becket School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn