Job title: Teacher of Religious Education (Maternity Cover)
School: The Becket Catholic School
Contract type: Maternity Cover – to 22 April 2021
Salary: MPS/ UPS
Closing Date: Monday 17th May 2021 (9am)
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: 31 August 2021
The Becket School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of Religious Education.
Located in West Bridgford, just outside of Nottingham, The Becket School has a real sense of community that you can see and sense as you walk around the school. Each child is important to us and our expectation is that all our students will develop and grow as young people as they make their journey as part of our community.
As a Catholic school, we recognize the uniqueness and worth of each individual and that each of us has a valuable role to play in The Becket. Students, staff, families, governors-all work together seeking the very best and giving their best.
- Have the ability to facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Contribute to the Curriculum Area and department’s development plan and its implementation.
- Work as a member of a designated team and to contribute positively to effective working relations within the school.
- Play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive Catholic mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
- Has the vision to drive and skills to contribute to school development.
- Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Multi Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Completed application forms to be emailed to email@example.com
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and The Becket School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn