School: All Saints’ Catholic Voluntary Academy
Contract Type: Full time, term-time only
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: £16,913 to £17,948
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022 (9.00 am)
If you are enthusiastic about Design and Technology and enjoy inspiring others, this post offers an excellent opportunity to utilise your training, experience and develop skills within a friendly team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join our innovative and successful Design and Technology department to support the teaching of a wide range of Design and Technology subjects including Resistant Materials, Textiles and Food. The successful candidate will have proven practical and technical skills, with the ability to solve technical problems, strong organisational skills and ICT skills, and an understanding of the relevant Health and Safety regulations relating to the safe operation of workshop machinery.
Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent interpersonal/ communication skills and have the ability to work with students.
Relevant experience within a secondary school setting is desirable, but this is not essential as appropriate training will be provided.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed staff
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s CPD Hub.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school on 01623 474700.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022 (9.00 am)
The Trust and All Saints’ Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn