The aim of this session is to equip you with the ability to deal appropriately with conflict with children, young people and their parents or carers.
By the end of this session all learners will have:
- Examined the escalation factors that create conflict.
- Explored ambivalence and how to reduce resistance and sustain talk.
- Explored ‘change talk’ and boosting the intrinsic need for change.
- Explained the reasons to avoid SMOG language.
- Described how ineffective and effective communication can bring problems and resolutions.
- Explored the need for assertive responses to challenging behaviour.
- Used the DESC principle to explore assertive actions.
£30-£40 per person
The course is fully interactive and involves small group work, working in pairs and discussing our findings. Steven will include bespoke films that have been created for the course too.