PGCE is the teacher training programme that allows schools to recruit and train outstanding teachers.
A school-led training course gives you the chance to learn ‘on the job’ in a school. You work as part of the teaching team from day one – similar to student medics in hospitals – learning from experienced colleagues and immediately putting your new skills into practice.
School led training courses last one year and all lead to qualified teacher status (QTS).
Have a look at this video to see some trainee teachers explain how and why they got into teaching.
The benefits of training with us are:
- You can apply to more than one school.
- You will be able to train in schools who are experienced in initial teacher training and who excel at training and developing their staff.
- You can expect to spend the majority of your time training in the classroom.
- You could receive up to £28,000 tax-free training bursary (for certain subjects in Secondary schools).
- All places will lead to qualified teacher status.
PGCE is a school-led teacher training course giving you the chance to learn ‘on the job’ in a school. You will work as part of the teaching team from day one, learning from experienced, practising colleagues and immediately putting your new skills into practice. Trainee Teachers will gradually be given more responsibility and increase their contribution in the classroom.
Trainees will be based in school but will also receive training at university. Trainees will also have the opportunity to experience a placement in a different school.
For more general information, please visit the Get into teaching website.
For more information about places across our partnership please contact Vanessa Scott.
To apply, visit the UK Government Post Graduate Teacher Training website.